The best place to be for table top based wargaming in Dundee, Scotland! Come along and enjoy a tasty beer while playing your favourite games! 18's and over only!

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dystopian Wars

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Steve Devine

PostSubject: Dystopian Wars   Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:51 pm

Hi folks,

had a few people looking at the wee intro Dystopian Wars game I had set up last night with Stu. Just to say if anyone has a fleet and wants a game or wants to try it out, just give me a shout - we can easily source a couple of fleets to play with.

If you fancy having a look at the rules or fleet lists they are all available as free (!) PDF downloads from the Spartan Games website http://www.spartangames.co.uk/resources/downloads.

The only thing I would say is that the rulebook is not the best written in the world and it can be a bit of a pain to find the relevant rules in there, but once you've played a few times it becomes a lot easier.

Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Steven Young
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dystopian Wars   Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:32 pm

Pew pew pew!

My Prussian and Danish fleets are anyones to command!
Back to top Go down
Andrew Mactavish

PostSubject: Re: Dystopian Wars   Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:48 pm

it looks cool. one question are the battle group sets worth getting for a newbie? as i would like to start up a kingdom of Britannia fleet. and i have no idea what a fleet should be made up of. (am tempted to go royal air force as the flying airbase looks awesome).
Back to top Go down
Steve Devine

PostSubject: Re: Dystopian Wars   Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:30 pm

Depends...the KoB surface fleet starter box has a battle carrier, heavy battleship, battlecruiser, 3 cruisers, 4 frigates and 5 corvettes plus fighter squadrons. Good mix of ships worth about 900 points before upgrades. Pretty decent deal.

In comparison the KoB air fleet starter box has the sky fortress, 3 scout rotors and 5 light interceptors plus flyers, which comes to about 550 points without upgrades. Not such a good deal. You'll also tend to find that aerial ships aren't quite as tough as surface ships although there are exceptions to the rule, for example the Honourable Eclipse Company mercenaries who field primarily airships - really good airships to make up for their lack of surface ships!
Back to top Go down
Andrew Mactavish

PostSubject: Re: Dystopian Wars   Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:07 pm

so the starter fleet set is a good place to start. i should stick to ships i guess me and flying things don't tend to do well. (think Hindenburg and you get my record with flyers in most games of any type).
Back to top Go down
Steve Devine

PostSubject: Re: Dystopian Wars   Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:51 am

Hmm..that doesn't sound promising Very Happy

I will soon be in possession of Kev's old KoB fleet, if you want we can arrange a wee game so you can see if you like Dystopian Brits - there's plenty of other factions to choose from with their own little quirks and specialities.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Mactavish

PostSubject: Re: Dystopian Wars   Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:01 am

I wouldn't mind a match but ehm keep it small i have trouble learning new rules. The joy of having learning disability's.

Last edited by Andrew Mactavish on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steve Devine

PostSubject: Re: Dystopian Wars   Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:18 am

No worries Very Happy I'll sort something out re a game, I'll miss the next two club nights because I'm on shift but I'll get something sorted for when I'm back!
Back to top Go down
Andrew Mactavish

PostSubject: Re: Dystopian Wars   Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:10 pm

i'll try and read the rules a couple of times before that then. see if i can work out the basic's at least. will be a while before i can get a fleet myself anyway. still got some work to do on 40K first.
Back to top Go down
Steve Devine

PostSubject: Re: Dystopian Wars   Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:12 pm

No worries - like I said I'll have a Brit fleet as well by then so I can supply all the models initially.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Mactavish

PostSubject: Re: Dystopian Wars   Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:00 pm

wow just had a read of the rule book and i see what you mean by it's not very well laid out. i have a feeling this will take me a lot of effort to learn.....
Back to top Go down
Steven Young
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dystopian Wars   Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:12 pm

It's a very simple game at heart.  Once you understand your own special rules it's very easy to play.

Plus there's a tonne of resources out there, including:

http://community.spartangames.co.uk/index.php?/topic/9899-dw-20-useful-pdf-resources/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dystopian Wars   

Back to top Go down

Dystopian Wars
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1